Saturday, June 27, 2009

dark cafes

dark cafes in summertime
dark cafes, where people hide
hide from city lights and drink wine
wine to calm busy minds

I live in these dark cafes
where for the price of a tea
they will let me stay;
let me believe I'm free

You found me in such a place
said You'd seen me here before
said that you wrote songs in case
you forgot what it was all for

I write words with melodies in mind
words I plan to sing someday
silly words about the meaning I find
in my little world inside this cafe

maybe I'll sing them for You
show You how beautiful I can be
and You can sing for me, too
show me all the things You see

dark cafes in summertime
where we wait for life to begin
where I sit and write these silly lines
hoping You'll drop in and listen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm eagerly waiting for the music these words conjure!